A wonderful way to spend a lazy Sunday: visit Malton’s own secret garden in all its Autumnal glory. The Castle Gardens are just five minutes’ walk from Malton town centre, located next to the Orchard Fields and the ancient site of the Roman fort Derventio
Step through the magnificent gates into a magical woodland world, freshly brewed coffee in hand, for stories, music, poetry, art and photography workshops, face-painting and a book-cover trail, all with a nature theme.
With your ticket you will be able to see:
- Matt Sewell, Spotting and Jotting and creating a unique piece of art
- Anneliese Emmans Dean and Catherine Heinemeyer, Flying High
- Marcia Williams with The Tudors
- Photography with The Yorkshire Shepherdess
- Ian Douglas & Jo Mayland and their Wild Words
- The Bookshop Band
- Michael McCarthy with The Moth Snowstorm
- Christina Gabbitas with Felicity Fly
Plus free face-painting, colouring, a book cover trail, Waterstones bookshop and birds from Acorn Community Care. Castle Gardens is the ideal place for a picnic but there will also be fresh coffee and food available to buy.
Gates open at 10.30am and the events begin at 11.00am.
Sorry – no dogs are allowed on site with the exception of assistant dogs.